Stuff for the Kids...at bargain prices....

I try to scour resources to bring you mostly no cost items...there are other blogs with activities for kids at cost...I try to give you the most bang for the buck!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Consignment Circuit-starts March 4th!

I got introduced to Consignment sales by my good friend Indy and I have been a fan every since. I pulled out my daughter's spring clothes today to get ready to consign. Here are the sales that I know of:

WEAG (West End Assembly of God) which is my favorite sale) is March 20, 2010. Here is a link to their sale http://weagmoyc.org/ Also has a free pile for those consigning where you can just dump those misc. things or things that re in good condition and may have a stain. I also volunteer and consign at this sale.

Ring Around the Rosy Opens March 5th and goes every weekend until the end of the month. If you are looking for brand name items and lots of still new with tags this is a good sale. They also have a New and Due preview sale for new and expecting mommies. www.RingAroundTheRosy.net. Also a good event to link up with if you have a home based business as they have vendors set up too.

RAMOM (Richmond area Moms of Multiples) 
Chickahominy Middle 8-11 Cash only! No strollers.  I have been, have to pick through things as there are no racks but there is ALOT of stuff and I have had great luck! Parking can be difficult so be patient. 

Kidtopia Now has a women's and kids sale. They are new to me so I can't give you any info. www.kidtopianow.com

Clothesline is another good one that is like a pop up store. I got several maternity outfits from this sale. The spring Children's sale is March 13 in Bon Air. Here is there link http://www.theclothesline.biz/

Keys to Consignment Sales:

Have a list of things you want to purchase.
Furniture, bikes, outdoor toys and the big baby gear things go FAST. Anything holiday goes fast too...during this circuit of sales, Easter clothes move fast.
Bring a portable bag, preferably something with wheels. Read the instructions on the site bc some are space limited and you can't bring strollers and some you can't bring kids and some are cash only.
Check the items over CAREFULLY. Make sure the sizes are what they say they are as you can not return things.
If you decide to consign, bring things you would want to buy.
There are ALWAYS more girl stuff than boys. As boy sizes get bigger, there are even fewer items so if those are the things you want, go early and go to that section first.

1 comment:

  1. If you are looking for boutique children's clothing new/discounted and consignment. Check out elephantsandgiraffes.com they are on mountain rd in GLen Allen.

    ReplyDelete